Scientific innovation for health and beauty
Now, medical science can rely on a new, innovative tool to help you boost your health and well-being by increasing the amount of oxygen available to the body: ozone therapy.
There is scientific consensus worldwide that most of the diseases and conditions that threaten our well-being originate from a state of chronic inflammation and/or insufficient oxygen in body tissues. An imbalanced diet, stress, a sedentary lifestyle, bad breathing and frequent use of medications are all factors that contribute to triggering a state of silent chronic inflammation and reduced oxygen supply.
As ADLER Med experts, we place great importance on the preliminary consultation as a means to retrace the patient’s medical history. This allows us to investigate the underlying causes of their complaints and identify any lifestyle improvement that may be necessary for active, effective prevention. Therefore, the baseline of therapeutic approach needs to include a dietary plan aimed at reprogramming metabolism and removing silent inflammation, as well as breathing exercises to improve oxygen supply to tissues.
In addition to these cornerstone strategies, other medical treatments can be used for increased benefits. One such treatment is ozone therapy – now available at our ADLER Med centres in the Dolomites and in Tuscany.
Ozone is a naturally occurring gas that is also produced from oxygen by the human body. Its many properties include:
- Antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral effects: ozone can penetrate the germs’ membranes, damaging their nucleic acids and preventing them from multiplying.
- Anti-inflammatory, tension-relieving, regenerating and pain-relieving effects
- Immunoregulatory effects:ozone helps toup-regulate a weak immune response and down-regulate excess immune response, e.g. allergies.
- Detoxing effects: ozone promotes the elimination of toxins from the body.
- Circulation-boosting properties: ozone improves blood flow and capillary microcirculation in particular – especially useful in cases of retinal disorders.
What is ozone therapy indicated for?
Ozone therapy is employed not only to treat a wide range of conditions and pathologies, but also for prevention and aesthetic medicine purposes.
Ozone improves tissue oxygenation, with revitalising and health-promoting effects. It also counters the build up of free-radicals, stimulates mitochondrial antioxidation, boosts red blood cell activity, and increases cellular energy production – all of which makes it effective in reducing fatigue and stress-related symptoms.
Ozone therapy counteracts dysbiosis (i.e. gut flora imbalance) and is widely used to treat chronic intestinal diseases, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome and recurrent vaginal infections.
Having analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, it is also useful in cases of arthrosis, fibromyalgia, lumbago, neck pain and herniated discs.
Due to its proven antiviral and antibacterial effects, some hospitals have authorised oxygen ozone therapy for the treatment of Covid-19, with encouraging results in cases of mild symptoms: healing was accelerated and convalescence-fatigue in particular was reduced.
With its revitalising properties, ozone therapy also has anti-ageing effects. It is therefore used to reduce swelling and a sense of heaviness in the legs, dissolve localised fat and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
How it works
Ozone can be administered in various ways, all of which have been certified by medical and scientific protocols approved and authorised by the competent authority. Methods of administration include:
- Local injections in cases of orthopaedic disease, herniateddiscs, localised infection or inflammation and in aesthetic medicine
- Rectal and/or vaginal insufflation for the treatment of gut diseases, autoimmune diseases and tumours
- Minor autologous blood transfusion (intramuscular injection of 5-10ml of ozonated blood) for immune system stimulation, regeneration and anti-fatigue effects
- Major autologous blood transfusion (100-240ml of ozonated blood) for the treatment of cerebral and vascular diseases, diabetes, tumours and rheumatoid arthritis.
Ozone therapy sessions only last a few minutes; the treatment is safe, painless and free from side effects.
Oxygen-ozone therapy has been validated by more than 1,800 papers published from 1995 to the present day on www.pubmed.gov , an online database comprising all scientific papers that have been published in leading medical journals.